The Syrian Civic Platform (SCP) is an independent, non-profit, non-governmental organization launched on February 8, 2016. It is comprised of organizations and community leaders that seek to develop visions for a political solution at the local and national levels as well as to include them in the peace agreement and political transition that meets the aspirations of the Syrian people, guaranteeing the rights of all Syrians based on the principles of consultation and inclusion.
Freedom, justice, equality, tolerance, and pluralism.
Inclusion, consultation, participation, transparency, diversity and independence.
Conditions for Accession:
- The organization shall be Syrian;
- The organization shall be independent and its decisions shall emanate only from itself (not part of any partisan or governmental framework);
- It shall have an internal system and administrative structure;
- The organization should have previously issued activity reports;
- The organization abides by the International Bill of Human Rights, taking into account the highest values of Syrian society;
- The organization should be active in civil affairs and public affairs;
- The organization must not be a perpetrator of violations in Syria;
- The organization should be supportive of the rights of women in Syria;
- To work for and believe in the need of Syria to enter into a transitional phase in which the transfer of power to a governmental body is made by consensus, in accordance with the provisions of international resolutions;
- To believe in a transition to a pluralistic, participatory civil system.
Rules of Procedure